The 2018 National ploughing championships takes place in Screggan, Tullamore,Co offaly from Tue 18th sept to Thur 20th September , gates open to the public 9 am to 6 pm. Adult ticket €20(10% discount on 10+ordered on line) students €15 (€10 when pre ordered by school for group of 10 or more) seniors €15. Children under 12 go free when accompanied by an adult. Book on line at www.npa.ie
The largest agricultural show with over 1700 exhibitors,show casing irish food farming and culture,with free parking, camper-van and wheelchair parking, public transport, baby changing facilities, ATM on site and lots lots more.
A great day out for the whole family young and old, you wont be disappointed.
Visit www.npa.ie for more info
Stay up to date with www.facebook.com/nationalploughingchampionships
Download the farmers journal app which is a great help for locating stands you may want to visit .
Tips for travelling to The Ploughing Match:
1. If bringing small kids write your mobile number on their hand, just in case you get separated, advise your kids should this happen stop at the nearest stand to them and a member of staff can call the frantic parents, all’s well that ends well 🙂
2. Bring a backpack for your literature and light rain jacket etc.
3. Wear comfortable footwear…. there’s a lot of walking involved!!!!!
4. Food can be expensive so be prepared, a picnic is always a great idea.
5. Arrange a time and meeting point with family members & remember which colour car park you are in, maybe take a screenshot of the sign as you leave the car park to enter the grounds.
6. Take note of the first stand you see when you leave the car park entering as this will help to find your way back.
7. Be aware your phone might not work the best as the mobile networks can jam, also handy to have a mobile power bank to charge your phone on the go.