Water Well Drilling in Ireland
- How much will my well cost?
Price per ft/meter will be given in a free quotation. Final cost will depend on depth of well on completion. No hidden or additional charges.
- Do i need planning permission to drill a well ?
No planning permission is needed to drill a well for existing properties, only new builds .
- How far should a drinking water well be located from a septic tank system?
Locating the well up gradient of the tank is most important. Regulations may require a setback distance of 100 or more feet.
- What width should my entrance be to allow access for the machine?
Allow at least 8-10 feet minimum
- How much notice would I need to give for work to commence?
At least 2 weeks notice if possible.
- At what stage of my building project should I consider having my well drilled?
The well can be drilled once ground works are in process.
- Does a person come out to view the site before work can commence?
Yes, we will review the terrain and check our equipment can access the drilling location.
- Is borehole water better than mains water?
- 60% of mains water originates from recycled wastewater, to ensure the water maintains satisfactory quality through the long distance pipework , mains water contains chlorine, fluoride + other chemicals, your private well/borehole supply maybe with the help of simple filtration has no requirement for any chemicals and will provide pure drinking water.
- I have a rotten egg smell coming from my water,what is the cause of this?
- This is caused by manganese, a filtration system will take care of this problem.
- I seem to have very little pressure in my tap, why is this?
- It is possible that you might need your pump checked ie pressure vessel might need to be checked,or the pump itself,if all that fails it could be a sign that your well is running dry.
- My Water is brown in colour,what is the cause of this?
- This is a sign that you have iron in your water,a filtration system will take care of this problem
- Can a unregistered farmer claim vat back on the drilling of a well?
- Yes unregistered farmers can claim vat back at the end of the year on the vat 58 form
- Is it possible to share a drilled well?
- yes a drilled well can supply 2/3 dwellings, thus cutting the cost for all involved.